How to decrease single crochet
There are 2 ways to decrease single crochet. For amigurumi, crocheted stuffed dolls, an invisible decrease is much preferred because it helps keep your piece looking smooth.
Method 1: Regular decrease
2. Pull yarn through stitch. There should now be 2 loops on your hook.
3. Insert hook under both loops of next stitch, and yarn over.
4. Pull yarn through stitch. There should now be 3 loops on your hook.
5. Yarn over.
6. Pull yarn through all 3 loops, and you’re done! There should only be 1 loop left on your hook.
Method 2: Invisible decrease
3. Yarn over, and pull through the 2 loops on the hook.
Here’s what an invisible decrease looks like when followed by a single crochet stitch. Hard to see the invisible decrease, right?